Put me to the test! Take my masterclass for up to 28 days, risk-free. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you can return the course for a full refund.
Terms & Conditions: Enrolled students need to have completed all 10 units and worksheets and send an email with 150 words on why they felt they didn't learn anything from the course to be considered for a refund.
- Working out what kind of approach you’ll offer is the first significant step on your journey. Here, we explore a number of significant genres in the wedding field, and discuss how they differ and overlap.
- UK Wedding Photographers by Genre
- Recommended Photography Events
- Unit 1 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 1 Questions
- How do you build a portfolio if you don’t have any clients yet? Also – what should you put on your site to attract clients in the first place? In this unit we discuss the issues around building – and improving – your own portfolio of images.
- Wedding Album Recommendations
- Unit 2 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 2 Questions
- It’s vital to have the correct terms and conditions before you start trading: getting your terms right sets your business off on the right foot. Here John shares his years of experience by examining his own contract template.
- John's T/Cs
- Unit 3 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 3 Questions
- Where do you place yourself in the market? How do you increase your price over time? Should you ever offer a discount, or try to up-sell clients? In this unit we share John’s advice for confidently setting your own rates.
- Pricing Template
- Unit 4 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 4 Questions
- How do you get booked? Is it down to SEO? Working with planners? Contacting venues? Getting on supplier lists? Knowing what kind of weddings you want to shoot will determine where you look for clients. In this unit, John will guide you through the issues.
- Recommended UK Wedding Shows
- Supplier Directories
- Unit 5 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 5 Questions
- Working with a colleague could be the making of your business, but it could also be more trouble than it’s worth. With years of experience of shooting both by himself and with teams, this module sees John explain the how, when, why of working with others.
- Unit 6 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 6 Questions
- A wedding pre-shoot has become an essential part of the planning process – so in this unit, we take a closer look at why this additional shoot can set your business up for success.
- Unit 7 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 7 Questions
- The day’s finally here, and your couple are ready to walk down the aisle – so it’s time to grab your camera and exceed their expectations. In this unit, John shares his essential advice for making sure the wedding day itself goes as smoothly as possible.
- John's Wedding Day Information Form
- Unit 8 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 8 Questions
- John invites you to consider your ideal client, and explains how all your messaging – website, email, marketing – should always speak directly to them.
- Website & Marketing
- Unit 9 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 9 Questions
- Your professional approach should be reflected by your choice of pro-level kit – so always ensure your gear will enable you to deliver what you’ve promised. In this unit John shares his insider tips for bringing together your own streamlined kit bag.
- Wedding Photography Kit Bag
- Kit Checklist Template
- Unit 10 - Personal Worksheet
- Unit 10 Questions
- The Importance of Social Media - with Karen Cinnamon
- Bonus Content Questions